Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pink(ish) and White Dotticure!

Helloooo, readers! I hope you're having an absolutely marvelous day - I know I am! It's Saturday, it's sunny (where I live, at least), and I got some of the best news of my life this weekend: I got into college! To celebrate, I have one of my favorite manicures that I've ever done for you guys today!







(Okay, truth time - I didn't do these nails in celebration; I did them while waiting for admissions decisions to be published, hoping it would take my mind off things. Unfortunately - or fortunately? - these nails didn't take as much time or effort as I thought they would...)

If you're looking to recreate this look, I used Essie Cute as a Button as my base color and a dotting tool to add Zoya Purity polka dots on top. For those of you new to dotting tools (word of warning - I've only used mine couple times, too!), I think it's easiest to start with a symmetrical pattern like this! Let me know if you'd ever like a whole post dedicated to dotting - I definitely think that might be a post worth doing!

I personally lovelovelove this manicure to death. I don't know why; maybe it's because I can't usually get my nails to look so...cute. Whatever. What other creative designs have you tried out with dotting tools?

Stay happy!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is super adorable.
    Btw, you should enable the followers gadget on the side bar, I would love to follow you and get post updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine! Followers enabled :) Btw, it makes me smile just looking at your profile pic with the sloth!

      Delete
  2. aw, i love this, it is a pretty colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! i've just bought some dotting toos and can't wait to try them out on such a simple design. Just discovered your blog and love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becca! Good luck with your dotting tools - I'm literally addicted to mine, and I've only done a couple of dotted designs so far!! Thanks for checking my blog out :)

      Delete