Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Friday, March 15, 2013

Essie Cute as a Button

Good morning! Unless it's not morning where you are...and, now that I think about it, chances are that it's not morning where you are. So good day, afternoon, night...whatever it is there, I hope it's a good one for you!

Now, I kind of have a confession to make. For as much as I obsess over nail polish, and for as readily available as Essie nail polish is, I have a shockingly small number of Essie polishes. Five, I think...which doesn't sound exactly like a dearth of nail polish (there I go, using that fun word "dearth" again...), but taking into account how much nail polish I do own (a number that shall remain secret not only because I don't want you all to think I'm psychotic in my nail polish collecting, but because I don't feel the need to run around my house looking for stray bottles of polish and count them all), I don't have many Essie colors.

I'm going to take a moment to apologize for the massively long sentence that preceded this one...

Okay. So, anyways, I don't have many Essie polishes. But yesterday, I added one more to my collection! Here's Essie Cute as a Button...






I don't know why on earth Cute as a Button looks so orange in these pictures...it's definitely a darker-toned pink, not a light coral. Cute as a Button screams nail art to me, so I'll try to add a little something to it later on and then we'll see if I can get a color-accurate picture, yeah?

While Cute as a Button is, indeed, an incredibly cute color, I must say I'm slightly annoyed by her formula. My biggest pet peeve in the world is super thin polish (okay, so maybe there are things that annoy me more; they just don't come to mind at this particular moment), and Cute as a Button was really thin. I think I did three coats for the pictures above, and as you can see, there's still a little bit of patchiness at the base of my nails. (Of course, that could be due to the fact that I also have zero patience, and don't wait at all between coats of polish...)

But whatever. Stay tuned for some Cute as a Button nail art!

Stay happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment