Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Monday, March 4, 2013

Impulse Buys...

...will be the death of me. I literally cannot go anywhere without "accidentally" buying something I never, ever intended to buy...and the impulsive buying disease struck me again at Forever21 last weekend. The mall in my area had just opened up a new one, and all the nice lights and the new layout and the loud music...well come on, let's be honest...who hasn't fallen prey to all the cheap little things that stores surround their checkout lines with?

Anyways, today I have for you guys a Forever21 nail polish...yeah, I can't believe I actually bought their nail polish either. Its label says "Polish/Shimmer Baby Blue/Hot Pink" which, in my opinion, is a wildly boring name. If you're going to make super cheap polish, the least you can do is give it a fun name, right? Especially for a fun polish...


This polish (we're just going to call it "F21" from now on in this post) is a light blue creme-jelly with silver holographic hex glitters, magenta hexes, and small dark purple...somethings (they're not dots, but they don't look like squares or hexes either). The silver holographic hex glitters kind of turn white when more coats of F21 are layered over them, which is why none of the glitters actually look silver. Or holographic.




Doesn't F21 look fun?? Unfortunately, applying it wasn't. The F21 formula was really, really thin and runny and took five (FIVE!) coats for full opacity. The smaller dark purple glitters came out easily, but the larger glitters were a little more difficult to spread evenly.

I really, really wish F21 had better formula (but, I suppose, what was I to expect from a polish that was only $2.80?), because it looks really nice once built up to full opacity on the nail! I can't see myself buying another Forever21 nail polish any time in the near future, but if I do, I'll be sure to let you all know if there's any better luck with formula.

Stay happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment