Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Friday, August 24, 2012

Zoya Yummy

This morning, I ate a really, really good cookie for breakfast as one of my last before school starts up again. I'm not kidding, this cookie was heavenly. Anyway, I got to thinking...school's starting, but that doesn't mean that I can't eat cookies for breakfast. Likewise, fall is coming, but that doesn't mean it's too late to wear summer colors!

That said, I have for you a delicious treat today: Zoya Yummy, a "bright, cheerful light robin's egg blue in a milky creme finish" (according to the Zoya website).That description is spot on!

Zoya Yummy
Yummy is great because it's bright without being eye-searingly neon. And even without being neon, it definitely pops.

Zoya Yummy indoors




As you can see, Yummy looks different in various lighting. The three photos above were all taken indoors at the same time of day, and they still look like they could be different nail polishes!

Zoya Yummy outdoors


In direct sunlight, Yummy is a little darker. I think it looks like blue raspberry candy - which is fitting because Yummy is from Zoya's "Candy" collection.

Yummy was on the runny side, but was easier to control with a little practice. I had to make sure I started each brush stroke a little farther from the cuticle than I usually would, or the polish would pool up and flood my cuticles. Even though it was runny, Yummy was perfectly opaque in two coats.

Looking to get your hands on your own bottle of Yummy? From now until August 29th, Zoya has a BOGO (buy one, get one free) promo for all accounts that were opened before August 22nd. If you don't have an account with Zoya get, you can still get a bottle of Yummy for free (just pay shipping) here.

Got any requests for swatches while the BOGO promo is going on? Let me know!

Stay happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment