Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Can Fish Frown?

...but maybe they do in the Thames (which, apparently, ISN'T pronounced the way it's spelled). I wouldn't know, but I guess the people at butter London would better than I...anyway, this post is about butter London's Trout Pout - "Pale and retro, this opaque cantaloupe nail lacquer looks great on anyone."

Trout Pout is part of the 2012 Spring/Summer collection, and one of the reasons I like it is because it can feel both spring-y and summer-y: Trout Pout is light enough that it's not too intense for those months where it's warming up and possibly still raining, but bright enough for the hot summer months.

butter London Trout Pout

butter London Trout Pout
butter London Trout Pout in a different light - a little more orange?
butter London is known for its amazing formula (hence the $14 price tag!) so I was a little disappointed to find that I needed 3 coats for complete opacity. But Trout Pout had just the perfect thickness of formula, and it was so easy to work with that I didn't mind the extra coat too much. Besides, Trout Pout had an amazing color! It was pinker than I'd ever call a cantaloupe, but in some lights it had some orangey-coral tones that were melon-esque to me.

All in all, I really liked Trout Pout. The color and the way it dried perfectly made up for the extra coat I had to do. Plus, even if I didn't like it on my nails, I LOVE the butter London bottles!

No comments:

Post a Comment