Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Zoya Myrta

There's probably millions of swatches of the Zoya Beach and Surf collections out there, so why not add one more? Here's Zoya Myrta, " Warm medium orange coral with red undertone, gold and silver metallic shimmer, and a foil-like finish".


Zoya Myrta
As you can see from the bottle shot, Myrta looks fairly orange. What I've noticed, though, is that the less lighting there is, the more coral-pink Myrta looks:

Sun (but still indoors :P)
Regular indoor lighting

I love, love, LOVE Zoya, and I looooove Myrta. Myrta is really orange in some lights, pink in others, and sometimes red (as you can see in the pictures above). The formula was perfect - not to thick, not to thin, easy to get the perfect amount on the brush and on the nail. Zoya's website says it is a 5 for intensity (should be completely opaque), but I wouldn't say that it was as opaque as other "5" polishes Zoya has. It didn't look BAD at 1 coat, but there was a lot of nail and some patchiness; at 2 coats, it was almost opaque but you could still see the nail line in the light; I did 3 coats, which seemed perfect to me.

My only real issue with Myrta is the way it almost eats topcoat. I'm a huge fan of the super shiny, frozen-beneath-glass look that I can get with the right topcoat, and even though I used my normal topcoat, Myrta didn't have that glassy finish. Not sure if it's just Myrta or if it's the actual finish ("metallic micro glitter"), but I'll test out some of the other Surf polishes soon just to see.

UPDATE: The next day when I went to take Myrta off, I found another downfall of the pretty finish - the "micro glitter" makes the polish almost as hard to remove as a real glitter! Not a huge issue, though, if you use the foil method.

Not-ultra-shiny finish aside, Myrta was a pleasure to work with. Her formula more than made up for the finish, which definitely made me happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment