Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Favorite Things!

Raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens...while those are some very, very nice things, I'm sorry, Maria, but those aren't my favorite things. 

What you may be wondering, then, is what are my favorite things? Chocolate, the color orange, raspberries, peaches, kiwis (the fuzzy fruits!), swimming...I have a lot of favorite things. But what this post is concerned with is my favorite things to use for my nails!

Base coat: Gelous (American Classics) or Double Duty (Sally Hansen). I've never ventured into the range of really expensive base coats, because these two have been working just fine for me! Gelous is great for making your nails feel thicker (and healthier!) while Double Duty is great because it's super cheap and available anywhere.

Gelous
Double Duty
Top coat: Poshe. It's amazing. It's so shiny I swear it distracts me even when I'm driving, and it stays shiny. It makes my nails last through days of swim practice, and any swimmers out there will be able to testify to the horrors that swimming does to nail polish. Not only is it super shiny, but it's super fast too. I've never tried Seche Vite, but why bother when I've already found perfection - perfection that is less expensive?

Out the Door and Poshe
Top coat: Out the Door. I don't love OTD quite as much as Poshe, but that's alright, because OTD is amazing in its own way - its size. I took a picture holding my bottle of Out the Door (2.5 oz versus the standard .5 oz) just because I love how gigantic the bottle is. It dries just as fast as Poshe, but in my opinion it takes a little longer to completely harden.

Out the Door...do you see how huge it is??
Nail file: Sephora crystal nail file. It's super inexpensive ($3 for the file and a plastic sleeve, or $12 for the file and a hard plastic case) and it WORKS. My nails are always shaped exactly how I want them! I would strongly recommend getting the hard case, though - the file is glass, after all, and glass breaks.

Sephora crystal nail file in pink! Also available in purple.

Remover: None. I usually use a generic drug store remover. Everyone sings the praises of Zoya Remove+, which I have tried and do love, but I do my nails so often I don't want to spend the money on Remove+, when drug store removers work just as well.

Conditioner: Hoofer's Choice Nail and Cuticle Cream (European Secrets). I use it at least once every day, and every time after I use nail polish remover. Never heard of it? Neither had I, but I'm beyond happy that I found it at Sally Beauty for less than $4. Not only is it super affordable, but it makes my cuticles look and feel AMAZING. I have noticed that my nails don't chip as much, too...

Hoofer's Choice Nail and Cuticle Cream
Well, these are the nail products that make ME happy...what are yours?

3 comments:

  1. In the background of your 'Out the Door and Poshe' picture I noticed you had nail polish behind them... there was a blue-ish zoya one that I thought was super pretty... can you tell me what it's called so I can buy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's two very pretty blue-green Zoyas that I had on my desk while I was taking these pictures! The creme finish is called Wednesday (which is the one I think you were talking about) and the foil/almost-glitter finish is called Zuza. You can find them here: https://www.artofbeauty.com/rd/01043A70

      Hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. This helps a lot thank you! I'll be sure to buy them as soon as I can, and I'll definitely use your 'Share the Love' link so you can get points! :)

      Delete