Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Friday, August 17, 2012

Zoya Ivanka

Tired of summer colors? I never will be. In fact, I'll probably be wearing them well into winter. Luckily, there are colors in the world that are so gorgeous that I think they're acceptable any time of the year...Zoya Ivanka is one of them.

The Zoya website describes Ivanka as a "mermaid green sparkling metallic", which is pretty darn accurate. I'd say its more glitter than metallic (and the slightly challenging removal will also have you leaning toward glitter), but other than that, the description is spot on. Yes. Sometimes when I look at my nails, I think of mermaids.

Zoya also says that Ivanka is opaque. I used three coats in the swatches here and in the right light, I can still see the nail line a little bit. Four coats probably would have been perfect; two is fine for anyone who doesn't mind the visible nail line.

So here, without further ado, is Zoya Ivanka!


See how you can see a little of the nail line?


Ivanka is a little more yellow in real life than shows in the pictures. The next one is a little closer:


All in all, I really like Ivanka. I know the pictures are a little blurry, but that's because my camera couldn't decide how to focus on all that sparkle! Ivanka is really something you have to see in person though - it's such a pretty polish!

If you're looking to get your hands on your own bottle, you can find it online at zoya.com.

Stay happy!

2 comments:

  1. I like this one! Wish I had known about it for Wizard of Oz. Would have been great for the citizens of the Emerald City :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been! Let me know what your next production is...maybe I can make a matching manicure for you :)

      Delete