Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Effervescence Dragon Dance

Hey, guys!

So you know how everyone's always saying to support your local businesses? Well, I must admit I haven't really been too into local businesses...I mean, I LIKE my Starbucks and McDonalds! But I've finally found a "local business" that I can TOTALLY get behind - Effervescence Nail Lacquer.

Effervescence is literally a BRAND SPANKIN' NEW company, started earlier this summer by two college freshmen-to-be as a way to earn a little extra pocket money. I'm going to say that in the future, this business could be making a lot more than just pocket money...

Today I have Dragon Dance, "a red jelly base with fine, square, and gold glitters". That description is pretty much spot on:

Effervescence Dragon Dance
While I'm talking about the  Effervescence website's description, I feel compelled to mention that these girls are hilarious. Their commentary-like nail polish descriptions are definitely entertaining just to read, and they've got little things all over the place that are sure to make you smile. ("I solemnly swear that I have read the delivery and pickup info." And then if you don't actually click the link, there's an angry pop-up that will make you both laugh and feel guilty simultaneously.)

Anyway, here are my swatches of Dragon Dance:

Dragon Dance, 3 coats



Having a jelly base, Dragon Dance was fairly sheer and buildable. Below, the index and ring fingers are 1 coat and the middle and pinky fingers are 2 coats:


As with all glitter polishes, Dragon Dance didn't finish completely smooth because of the glitter pieces. (However, it was significantly smoother than I expected, and I was impressed.) I remedied the chunkiness with a coat of Gelous and then one of Poshe to dry it faster. Can you see how glassy it is in the pictures below??



No? Well, the difference is a lot more noticeable in person. I keep staring at my nails - Dragon Dance is like a gorgeous jelly sandwich, but without the work of layering glitters between a jelly polish! (It also looks like the perfect Holiday color - Christmas OR Chinese New Year! :P)

If you can't tell, I LOVED Dragon Dance. The smaller brush (if you haven't noticed, the bottles are mini - 6 ml versus the regular 15 ml) made the polish a little harder to control, but the formula was good enough to make up for it. I'm excited to try out the other Effervescence colors!

Stay happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment