Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Happy December!

So I've been listening to Christmas music since Halloween already, but now that it's December, I can finally start my Christmas countdown! 

TWENTY-FOUR MORE DAYS!!

Anyways, today I have a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful red that's sure to get anyone in the holiday spirit: Butter London Come to Bed Red. (First off, can we take a moment to laugh at that name? I love nail polish names sometimes...)
Butter London Come to Bed Red


Come to Bed Red had PERFECT application and was opaque in two coats. I think there's kind of a jelly finish going on, which I really like. Additionally, I really enjoy the square bottle! Just sayin'. I just think it's really exciting.

Anyways! Since I've been kind of into nail art recently (even though I can't really do anything exciting...) I thought I'd try to Christmas this mani up!





This was my first time trying to do nail art with tape! Not going to lie - tape manicures are harder than they sound. Or maybe I'm just THAT massively uncoordinated (more likely). If you ever decide to try it out yourself, make SURE that the tape is firmly sticking to your nail EVERYWHERE - especially the edges! Then, when you're painting over the tape, don't worry too much about how opaque things are turning out - rip the tape off FAST before your polish starts to get tacky. You can touch things up afterward.

What designs have you done on your nails with tape? Any other Christmas nail art ideas? Let me know!

Stay happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment