Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Zoya Kristen + Throwback Mani!

Hey, hi, hello! I hope you're all having a rockin' awesome day. I personally had a really strange day, but that's alright. I got to sit down and do my nails again, so that made up for a lot of things.

So here I am, with a polish that's already been on If Nails Make You Happy twice, but has never had its own post! Which, being one that I love, love, love, seemed a little unfair. It feels like the perfect wintry color, if you're looking to update your nail polish wardrobe for the cold months ahead...it's Zoya Kristen!

Zoya Kristen




Yes, I realize that that's a lot of pictures of the same hand with the same nail polish. But can we stop for a second and take a look at how much Kristen changes color? Every single picture is, I promise, Kristen (even though one of them may look suspiciously like her fraternal twin Megan). And there's no photo editing at all. Kristen is magically somehow whited-out gray, blue, dusty periwinkle-blue, and whatever other colors you want to throw in there at once. I can't even seem to figure out what lighting makes Kristen turn what colors.

Be warned, though, Kristen's application is kind of tricky. She's perfectly opaque and smooth and everything in just two coats...if you're VERY careful. Like Megan, Kristen is thinner and a little runny. There always seems to be a bigger drop of polish on the brush than you'll think there is - I don't usually use the lip of my bottle to wipe too much polish off of the brush, but with Kristen, I had to make sure I did. I've read reviews that said Kristen has a long dry time, but I didn't seem to have a problem with that.

But if the beautiful blue Kristen (alliteration is my favorite literary device) isn't enough for you all alone, which,  this time around, it wasn't for me, there's a lot you can do to spice it up! My VERY FIRST If Nails Make You Happy post had this manicure...and I wanted to revisit it again!

Zoya Kristen with nails inc. Maida Vale


With nails inc. glitter polish Maida Vale "dripping" from my cuticles (ew, gross image? sorry...), I thought that the Kristen combo kind of looked like glittery icicles! (Admittedly, I've never seen a real icicle though.)

Any other twists on Kristen you can think of? Let me know in the comments :)

Stay happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment