Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Monday, December 24, 2012

Red Holiday Nails!

So red is basically THE holiday color right? Well. Have I got a red for you. If you're looking for your go-to red that isn't summer-status bright, stop looking right now. It's right here. Zoya Dominique.

Zoya Dominique




Dominique isn't a straight up pure red. In the bottle, there's almost a brownish-clay-ish look going on; she does dry redder though. She's perfectly opaque in two coats, and for some reason she dries shinier than a lot of other creme finish polishes I have. Like, even with topcoat on, other cremes don't seem to be as shiny. I don't know how and I don't know why, but I love it.

But, with the holiday season in full swing, I couldn't just leave Dominique alone like this. I had to add some glitter.


  


I think it turned alright! The glitter is Julep Vivien, which is described as "champagne bubbles"...although I think she looks a little lighter than actual champagne-color.

Quick! Any more nail ideas for Christmas before it's gone? And then any inspiration for a New Year's mani?

Stay happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment