Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Monday, September 3, 2012

Midnight Manicures - Literally!

Long time, no post! With school having started last week, I barely even had time to do my nails (seriously - the horror!!), much less take any pictures of them. But anyone who knows me knows that I couldn't ACTUALLY not do my nails even if that meant staying up past one in the morning after finishing homework at midnight to make sure my nails looked alright...

Anyway, my first nail polish of the week was Sweets Way, which was in my last post. I thought that after stepping into school with nails that looked like the top of a cupcake, I couldn't just do an ordinary nail polish, right? So I tried doing a twist on French nails. 

Long story short, I am not the steadiest of hand. But I still really liked the way my nails turned out! Here's my "French" manicure, with Zoya Tanzy tips and Essie Hi Maintenance for the sheer coat over:




Sorry for the bad pics - I actually didn't have a real camera on hand, so these were all taken with my phone's camera! It's probably better that things ended up like that though...if the pictures were better quality, the horrible state of my acetone-yellowed nail might have been even more revealed. And that would just be awful.

A couple days later, Christmas came early for me when my Zoya Back-to-School BOGO (buy one, get one FREE) promo order arrived on my doorstep! 


Yes...that's my homework they're on top of...any colors catch your eye?

I haven't gotten around to using any of them yet (although the glowy red catches my eye every time I walk by it), but a few days later I did Zoya Dannii (yes...I double-checked the spelling there), a shimmery-ish light purple:


In some lights, Dannii's shimmer seems to lean on the gold side, but in the bottle it looks more silvery. In really bright light, the silver side of the shimmer comes out more:



Dannii also turns, in my opinion, into a prettier shade of purple in brighter light. Dannii applied perfectly in two coats with perfect formula; however, she dried that slightly grainy way that the Zoya glittery-ish polishes do. (I just noticed that I call my nail polishes "she" sometimes...is that a bad sign?)

Anyway, it looks like it's going to take me awhile to figure out how nail polish can fit into my school schedule. Getting back into the classroom was definitely a strain for me this week - I'm pretty sure I fell asleep in at least one class every day (shhh...let's not tell anybody!). 

Stay happy!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the purpley one. So pretty!

    School was weird last week. My class did Senior Sunrise so there were twenty of us that arrived on campus for 6:25 and all day I was half asleep. It was fantastic.

    Hope your first week was awesome, love!

    ReplyDelete