Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Monday, September 3, 2012

MORE MAGIC! Kind of...

I LOVE AMAZING TOP COATS!!

I'm sorry. I had to start the post off that way. Because I do. Top coats are literally what make my world go 'round - fast dry, super shiny, glitter, whatever. I love them. All of them. Right now I'm dying for somebody to make a glow-in-the-dark top coat that won't have the chemical composition of a radioactive wasteland (heck, it could probably be radioactive and I'd still wear it).

Anyway, this post is about two of my favorite nail polishes EVER: Zoya Wednesday and nails inc. Electric Lane Glitter Holographic (you guessed it...) Topcoat! 

Wednesday is a hard color for me to describe. It's a greenish-blue shade, but definitely not teal. Not as blue as aquamarine. Light, but too blue to be mint green. And on top of all that, she has a little bit of dustiness in her color that is just so pretty I want to cry...

Zoya Wednesday
Is she a bluish teal? (I promise my hands didn't look that red in real life, by the way.)



 Or is she mint green??





Does anybody else see how much Wednesday changes color in different light?? I'm surprised the contrast came out that much on my camera! Hopefully now you can see why I have such a hard time describing Wednesday's exact color - sometimes she's green, sometimes she's teal, sometimes she's dark, sometimes she's light. Whatever Wednesday is, I love her for her perfect formula (I mean PERFECT)...and her confusing color.

And now for the magic. Prepare yourself. Are you sitting down? Well, find a chair. I added one coat of nails inc. Electric Lane Holographic Glitter Topcoat (and, yes, that is all the name of one nail polish) and got this:


Huh? What? Not extremely impressed? Disappointed that you dragged over a chair and prepared yourself for nothing? 


BAM! Do you see that rainbow that just appeared on my nails?!







To get the full spectrum of holographic sparkle, I actually had to take purposely fuzzy pictures. But do you SEE that amazing rainbow-ness? I like how much it shows up in the bottle, too, in the next picture:


AAAH! IT'S AMAZING! 

Okay, so maybe it's not THAT mind-blowingly insane, but I still really like this topcoat. nails inc. says to try it over lighter colors in particular, so be expecting some more posts with Electric Lane once winter comes and bright colors are no longer...sniff, sniff...weather-appropriate (although in my world, neons are ALWAYS appropriate).

How do you like Wednesday and Electric Lane? What's your favorite special effect topcoat?

Stay happy! (I know I will, my nails looking the way they do...)

No comments:

Post a Comment