Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Zoya Elodie

You can tell me it's "officially" fall all that you want. You can say that now the blackened colors are in season and I need to switch to the dark teals, maroons, and purples of autumn.

I will laugh at you and say no, silly, it's still neon time. It's always neon time. And if you can't find neons, at least the brightest colors you can possibly find.

Which is why I have for you today Zoya Elodie! She's a SUPER pretty coral almost-jelly.

Zoya Elodie

She's so nice and summery that I feel like it's still summer just looking at my nails! 






Elodie does like to play mind games though - sometimes she looks more orange, sometimes she's pinker. Either way, I love orange, pink, and every variation in between!

Like I said before, Elodie has an almost-jelly finish, which means she's not perfectly opaque, but you can get an almost "squishy" look from her. I did three coats in the pictures, but I definitely could have used one more.  Especially on my right hand...which came out looking a lot less nice. She doesn't self-even as well as the opaque Zoya creams do and there's definite streaking at two coats and a little bit at three...but I love the Elodie's color enough to make up for it.

Stay happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment