Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Zoya Natty Almost-French-Ish Nails

Key word: almost. Long story short, it's a bad nail day.

Have you ever tried to do your nails RIGHT when you wake up? If you have, you know your hands are kind of shaky and your brain still isn't willing to focus on anything...in other words, trying to do your nails is just a catastrophic event in general.

That was me this morning. I was SO excited to try out one of the new Zoya fall cremes, Natty, that I simply HAD to do my nails ASAP. In fact, I thought I'd even try to spice Natty up with another Zoya favorite, Kristen. 

Zoya Natty (dark blue) with Kristen (light blue)


It didn't start out too badly, see? Natty, the dark denim blue, has a PERFECT formula. She's on the thicker side, but REALLY easy to control and perfectly opaque in two coats. Kristen's a little trickier; she runs a little thin and streaky, but in two coats she's wonderful enough.

And then it got ugly. I thought to myself, Natalie, this nail polish almost has your name. You need to do something special with it. So this happened...




It looked a lot better in my head than on my hands. Maybe I'll try again some time I'm fully awake and my brain is prepared for the stress that French tips are to me...

After trying out Natty, I have to admit I'm really excited to do something with the other Zoya fall colors I got - hopefully their formulas will be just as good...and I'll be awake enough to make sure my nails end up looking good.

How do you like Natty and Kristen?

Stay happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment