Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Monday, April 1, 2013

Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream

If you've been following my blog from the beginning, you probably know that I enjoy...mermaids. Or at least nails that make me think of mermaids. Today I've got the ultimate mermaid polish - Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream!





(That's right...I liked how my pictures turned out so much this time I made them EXTRA large!)

Mermaid's Dream is a metallic light green with small blue hex glitter and gold, green, and silver holographic microglitters. I think. In some lights, it looks REALLY green, and sometimes it looks more tealish-blue-leaning. (Hence I left the last picture looking bluer than the others...)

Formula-wise, Mermaid's Dream applied BEAUTIFULLY. Like. I cannot begin to explain...the first coat looked a little patchy, but I did two for the pictures, and I think that was perfect! I now understand why Deborah Lippmann polishes go for $14...although I'm not altogether sure that I'd always go for the fourteen bucks before finding a dupe. The bottles that the Lippmanns come in, though, almost make up for the price difference...I absolutely LOVE the square look!

As you can probably see in the pictures, though, Mermaid's Dream dried really gritty and, even after a coat of regular topcoat and then one of Seche Vite, wasn't perfectly smooth. Maybe it's part of the whole trend with textured polishes becoming a thing, but I'm not sure I'm a fan.

Here's the closest I could get to a macro shot of the bottle, just for anyone who's curious (you can really see the gold microglitter here!):


I'd say if you've got the extra $14 sitting around, go buy a Lippmann polish right now. The bottle is adorable and incredibly sturdy, the polish is super smooth and awesome...and I basically feel like a total princess because I'm wearing "luxury" nail polish. But hey, if breaking the bank for a bottle of nail polish isn't exactly your thing, I'm sure there's a similar polish out there.

Stay happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment