Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Friday, April 5, 2013

Pink Lemonade Gradient...ish

Hey guys! 

So I don't know how many of you saw, but Zoya recently had a promo with new "Color Cuties" (mini bottles of summery shades that came in matching boxes!) where you could buy 12 for $3 each AND get free shipping - needless to say, my friends and I got right on that.

I ended up with Lo, Pippa, Audrina, Neely, and Blu. I've never had a yellow polish before, so I definitely wanted to use Pippa when I saw her...and then I saw Lo and thought that she, combined with Pippa, looked like pink lemonade! Here's what happened:


Lo is a little pinker in person...and neon-er. But the manicure isn't any more lemonade-looking in person...a lot of people actually told me that it looked like my nails were supposed to be candy corn! Oh well...I tried.

(Side note...anybody notice that the disease in which I call all of my nail polishes "she" and "her" came back pretty strong in this post?)

Stay happy!

2 comments:

  1. (Sorry for all my comments at once)

    I really want to nail (see what I did there) doing gradient nails, this colour combination is great! I enjoy you call your nail varnishes 'she', it adds a new dimension to your writing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I see what you did there, Becca! ;) I love seeing other bloggers' pics of gradients, and it's become a mission of mine to perfect the technique, too!

      Delete