Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Zoya Neely

OHMYGOODNESS. I have the most gorgeous polish today for you guys. Like, I kid you not. It's gorgeous. I'm in love. Literally.

Ta-DAAAA! Here's Zoya Neely, a beautifully delicate light green creme:





Neely is part of Zoya's Spring 2013 collection, SO appropriately called "Lovely". She maintains the same green color no matter what lighting, but as you might be able to tell from my shade picture (the last one), Neely looks a little darker when not in direct light.

Formula-wise, Neely was just about wonderful. She was definitely streaky in the first coat, but smoothed out for the most part in two even coats. If you've got a shaky hand or tend to paint your nails unevenly, you might need to go back a third time - I had to do three coats on my right thumb (yes, only my right thumb...don't judge), but overall, Neely has pretty good coverage for such a light color. Ignore the streaky spot in the middle of my ring finger - that wasn't Neely's fault; it was mine for putting my topcoat on too soon! (On that note, if you use Julep Freedom polymer topcoat, you should take care to note that it's probably a good plan to wait until your polish is on the drier side before applying...)

So that's my nails today. I didn't even think to add any designs or toppers or anything...I'm just so in love with this color! Neely is just SO PERFECT for spring that I'm almost sad it's summery enough outside to wear super bright colors again!

(Okay, who am I kidding, I'm dying to break out my neons and not be glared at in public.)

Stay happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment