Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Zoya Sparkle Gradient

Hey there! Hope your weekend is off to a marvelous start - mine was! Slept in until eleven, did my nails, then went on a family day trip...but you don't wanna hear about that.

The mani I've got for you today is one of my favorites that I've done - even if it's not the best looking. It's the first gradient I've ever done with a sponge (usually I use plastic wrap)!


I used Zoya Mimi (purple), Charla (blue), and Ivanka (green) from their Sparkle collection. Because all three were glitters that weren't particularly opaque, I sponged the gradient over a coat of Zoya Yummy.



How do you like the look? Personally, I thought that the colors together looked like a "rainbow mermaid peacock"...which I did actually say out loud. To several people. Multiple times.

And in other news, I finally decided to join the rest of the nail world and try out Seche Vite!


It is, as bajillions of others will proclaim, very shiny and fast-drying. I didn't have too many problems using Seche over my Zoyas other than the fact that it took a little longer to dry them than I anticipated; I did notice some shrinkage from the tips of my nails, though. I'd say Seche is a nice topcoat, but it's not a million and four times better than, say, Out the Door or Poshe.

What do you think of the rainbow mermaid peacock gradient? Have you tried out Seche Vite - and how do you think it compares to the other fast-drying topcoats? Let me know!

Stay happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment