Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Julep Rebel (in a Ravens-esque Mani!)

Helloooo!

Hope you're having a rockin' day...if you're in Baltimore, you probably are; if you're like me and live in the Bay Area, you're getting ready to face a whole bunch of bandwagon Niner fans tomorrow...

But Super Bowl aside, I do hope you're having a fantastic weekend. To finish it up, I've got a special mani for you - my first holographic polish! Here's Julep Rebel (named after Rebel Wilson of Pitch Perfect fame...)







Before you judge me for taking about a million pictures, let me tell you how IMPOSSIBLE it is to photograph a holographic polish. Long story short, I did my nails yesterday and spent at least half an hour playing with different lighting trying to get the holo effect to show up. Every single picture, my nails came out plain silver. Then this morning, I woke up and there was a TEENSY bit of sunlight that made it onto my pillow that made the holo effect show up...so I grabbed the camera and spent at least another half hour bending over backwards trying to use that one spot of sun to make the holo effect appear on my nails. And it still didn't come up very strongly...oh well.

Anyway, Rebel had a perfect formula for application; I did two coats. If you plan on trying her out, though, do NOT use topcoat - as with other holo polishes, topcoats will dull the holographic effect!

After all that struggle to photograph my nails, I REALLY didn't want to do a completely new mani, so I added some black and purple clouds (...clouds? sure...) with China Glaze Smoke and Ashes and Zoya Aurora:







Well would you look at that...now the holo in Rebel decides to show up.

And then I was like, I feel like I've been looking at black and purple all day... Oh, right. The game! Sure, silver and holographic purple aren't exactly the Ravens' colors...but it's close enough to pretend I did my nails out of team spirit, yeah? Even if I'm not a Ravens' fan?

How do you like the look? ...and how did you like the game?

Stay happy, even you San Fran people!

No comments:

Post a Comment