Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Blue Spun Sugar Nails!

Recently, this weird urge to try new things with my nails overtook me. I've seen about a bajillion different spun sugar manicures and watched plenty of tutorial videos, all of which said spun sugar manis are easy and quick....

HEADS UP. THEY'RE LYING.

That aside, I think spun sugar nails are really creative and, if done right, REALLY pretty! Here was my first try:


Not too shabby, eh? My base blue was Essie Aruba Blue and my "spun sugar" was NYC Cashmere Creme.

The one thing that all the tutorials told the truth about, though, was how much of a mess these nails are. Check out my mani before cleanup...


Yeeaahhhh....and don't even ask about dry time. But if you've got a lot of time on your hands and you don't mind the OCD cleanup process, I think spun sugar nails are super cool and well worth the effort!

Let me know if you want a tutorial...if I'm really feeling up to the challenge, I might try and make one...we'll see!

Stay happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment