Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"My nails look like the UNIVERSE!"

Apparently it's not a normal thing to say at 5 in the morning, that your nails look like the universe, but I said it anyway when I got to the pool for morning practice. I never do nail art, so when I do, it's a pretty big deal. It's an even bigger deal when they actually look good. So, naturally, it's the biggest deal of all when they're a good-lookin' entire universe on my nails.


I actually really liked this blurry picture because...well...MY NAILS LOOK LIKE THE UNIVERSE, and even more so all blurred up like this. At least I think so...

If you're wondering, the colors I used are:

Wet 'n Wild Wild Shine Black (I don't know the actual name)
Zoya Purity, Zoya Trinity, Essie Aruba Blue
OPI Designer...de Better!, NYC Starry Silver Glitter
If you're curious as to how I did my universe nails (I think that sounds SO much better than "galaxy nails"), let me know in the comments and I'll do a tutorial later this week! It's a lot simpler than it looks, and it wasn't as time-consuming as a lot of other really pretty manicures might take.

Still need an incentive to try out universe/galaxy nails on your own? Don't worry. The pictures below are sure to sway you.






Another blurry one that looks particularly celestial!



I really just couldn't decide on which pictures to actually use....so I used them all. The first two, as you can probably see, are before any cleanup at all, and even with the weird patterns of white and blue around my cuticles, I think my nails looked alright!

Have you tried the universe nail trend? Again, let me know in the comments if you'd like a tutorial!

Stay happy!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, you sold me. Tutorial? Gimme gimme gimme! Or, you know, you could just do my nails by your beautiful self...and we could talk NaNo and catch up...just saying...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I'll work on a tutorial and hopefully have it up by the weekend! And we definitely don't need nails an excuse to catch up :)

      Delete