Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Essie Ole Caliente

Today was the first day that I've felt really cold in awhile. So, naturally, I needed my nails to be a warm color - and what better color than Essie Ole Caliente!





Ole Caliente (I've been trying to figure out how to get the accent over the "e" in "Ole", but I just can't seem to get it!) is a very red-toned coral that almost has a little orange in some lights. I've been a little addicted to coral lately (kind of shifting to my beloved orange's less dramatic and more match-able cousin...) and I've been trying to get into red-ish polishes...this color fit the bill! I can't wait for summer to come back so I can wear it everywhere...

Formula wise, Ole Caliente was slightly disappointing. It was on the thinner side and needed 3 coats for opacity. Additionally, it took forever to dry, even with a fast-dry topcoat! I accidentally ran into a door like twenty minutes after doing my nails and dented half of my right hand...

On the bright side, Ole Caliente stayed on my nails really well - made it through three swim practices with only one major chip! I'm thinking I'm going to start a new way of measuring nail polish staying power by how many practices it survives...

Whatever. I like the color anyway.

Stay happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment