Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Zoya Zuza (and Wednesday!)

Happy Wednesday! Ha, ha. Just kidding. Let's be real. We're not happy. It's Wednesday.

But, pathetic day of the week aside, I have some swatches of Zoya Zuza for you PLUS my first attempt at a dotted manicure...ever!





Zuza is a SUPER pretty, summery blue-green (but...for some reason, I don't want to call it teal) kind-of-foil. Does that make sense? No? What a shame. The foil quality comes from what the Zoya website calls a "micro-glitter" finish, but Zuza isn't quite as shiny or reflective as a real foil polish would be. Like the other polishes in the Zoya Summer 2012 Surf Collection, Zuza's a little harder to remove (that micro-glitter thing again!) and has a tendency to eat thinner topcoats. That aside, she has perfect - literally PERFECT - formula that's easy to apply and completely opaque in two coats.

The accents for this mani were done with Zoya Wednesday, part of the Zoya Beach collection that was released with the Surf collection, and Zuza dotted on top. If you can't tell, Wednesday is basically the creme version of Zuza's color (and, as a side note, I LOVE Wednesday to death). In my opinion, they look GREAT together!

Stay happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment