Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Thursday, January 3, 2013

[Rainbow] Penguin Nails!

Oh yes. That's right. Not just penguin nails...RAINBOW penguin nails. Prepare yourselves!!











Honestly. I'm literally in love with my five little friends. I look at my hands more than I usually would, because I like seeing five multi-colored penguins looking up at me.

If you're curious about the colors, the base colors are:
Zoya Perrie (thumb)
Zoya Yummy (index)
Orly Green Apple (middle)
Zoya Jancyn (ring)
Essie Ole Caliente (pinky)

Yeah...the thumb penguin got a little messed up...but it was kind of fat and I couldn't figure out how to do the eyes until the penguin on my second finger...

That being said, I'd like to take a moment to say something:

YES, THEY ARE REAL!

These are my real nails, and everything I do on them, I do myself, freehand! Not to toot my own horn (that's one of those phrases that I've always wanted to say but never gotten to use...), but for everyone wondering...well, yeah. They're my real nails and I do all the art by hand. Okay. Anyways!

As per the usual, I was too intimidated to try to do penguins on my right hand, but I wanted to keep with my rainbow color scheme, so here's what I did instead:



A tape manicure! Same base colors, with a regular white on top. I'm starting to realize that I REALLY like taping...it's so much easier than one would think, and it can look SO cool if done right!

So I've decided that I really enjoy having animals on my nails...any suggestions for what to do next? Let me know!

Stay happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment