Well, hello there!

Why, hello there! Welcome to If Nails Make You Happy, a blog about my obsession with nail polish. I hope my posts make you happy...and if they don't, well, that's not my problem, is it?

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Tropical Gradient Nails!

Hello hello! Words cannot describe how excited I am about today's manicure. Like, for realsies. Any avid followers of my blog may have noticed that there's a few major nail trends that I tend to avoid - water marbling, stamping, dramatic taping - because even though the rest of the nail blogging community says they're "easy" and "mess-free" and "fun"...well, I find them to be extremely challenging, disastrously messy, and no fun at all.

One such manicuring technique has been, to this point, gradient nails! I've never used the right sponges. Or the right colors. Or the right anything. But...at long last...I think I've finally gotten the hang of it!

So, without further ado, here are my tropical-colored gradient nails!





Aren't they fun!? I spent the greater part of my day just looking at them...(mostly because it was oddly dreary outside today, and my nails were significantly happier-looking). As for colors, I used...

Ciate Loop the Loop (yellow)
Orly Green Apple (green)
Julep Sasha (coral-orange)

I'd do something silly like promise to make a sponge gradient tutorial for you all, but Sammy at The Nailasaurus already has basically the greatest tutorial of all time up on her blog HERE. In fact, it's the tutorial that I followed to figure out how gradient nails work!

...Instead, I decided to do something silly like pick a household object that went along with my tropical theme and take a picture with that, then edit it all artsy-like. 


Hehe...yeah. Any guesses as to what it is? Try me in the comments!

Stay happy :D

4 comments:

  1. That's one heck of a gradient, you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's really a lot simpler than it looks once you get the hang of it :)

      Delete
  2. It looks like a guitar. Could be a classical acoustic or maybe a ukulele!

    ReplyDelete